Understanding Space Management terminology
- Space Planning "Guidelines" most often refer to the planning and design of space.
- Space Planning "Standards" refer to the characteristics of specific space types that are assigned to each population or function.
- The "Space Allocation Process" is the set of steps by which space allocations are derived and decisions are made.
Space Management Principles are the principles that guide the definition and application of the Space Planning Guidelines, the creation and implementation of Space Planning Standards and the steps that are applied to the Space Allocation Process.
- Draft Principles of Space Management - Updated Jan 2019
The draft principles were developed by the SpA Working Group (Jason Martin, LeTrice Curl, Josh Reinhold, Trevor Hirst, Jeff Gilger, German Gavilan) and staffed by Maggie Saunders and Susan Sims.
- UC Merced Space Management Glossary of terms