To manage its space portfolio, UC Merced uses "MetaBIM", a web-based relational database for space reporting and analysis.
MetaBIM is an internal, password-protected space portal administered by Space Planning and Analysis and used by campus stakeholders and space contacts to assist with the identification and understanding of space assignments, room and building information, capital projects, lease information and archives.
Properly used, this tool has the potential to inform:
- Campus space assignment and control
- Construction project planning and management
- Capital outlay budget development
- Projections of future space needs
- Space utilization standards and analysis
- Development and maintenance of space standards
- Equipment budgeting standards
- Operating budget workload measures
- Scheduling of maintenance, alterations, and service
- Insurance and risk management
- Determination of building use component of the indirect cost rate
- External reporting, audits, contractual accountability requirements.
Complete the access Request Form
- Complete the MetaBIM online access request by following the link and create a password