The Executive Director of Capital and Space Strategies and Real Estate works across the POPD matrix organization in support of space allocation and management, capital projects, land use assignment and management, and real estate decisions.
Executive Director of Capital and Space Strategies and Real Estate
University of California, Merced
5200 Lake Road
Merced, California 95343
Physical Address: Facilities, Building B, Rm 175, University of California Merced Campus
Executive Assistant: Ms. Brandi Alves, (209) 382-4175, email@example.com
The office of Capital and Space Strategies and Real Estate:
- Provides strategic advice and analytical support to the Provost/Executive Vice Chancellor's Office in the oversight and management of the University's space inventory.
- Provides strategic advice and analytical support to the faculty, Academic Senate and the Dean's Council with regard to all space related issues.
- Collaborates with leadership, stakeholders and capital finance to create the six-year rolling UC Merced consolidated capital plan.
- Assists and consults with the Office of the Registrar concerning all instructional space.
- Partners in the programming, design and construction of all academic and non-academic buildings
- Provides support for the development of minor capital projects including outlining project scope and ROM budget estimation.
- Leads and manages all real estate interactions and transactions
- Provides high level professional support to UC Merced leadership
- Serves a primary liaison role between POPD and the Office of the President